
Where do I start? When I look back, I can't believe it has been almost 23 years since Brad and I started dating. Our first date was my 16th Birthday. I will never forget dancing on our front lawn wrapped up in blankets because it was so cold outside. I realized I loved him when we were at Youth Conference in Provo and he was going up to Idaho with the scouts for another few days. I remember crying because I didn't want to go without seeing him for that long!!! So, he has been the love of my life for more than 20 years!
Brad is a wonderful husband and father. He loves more than anything to do things with his kids and his family. They are truly his best friends. He is so involved in everything they do, from sports, to music (he and Kannon have been playing some great songs on their guitars), to homework (he has Mom's gift for math). He has taught them all to read, not me!! He loves to play ball with them in the backyard, jump on the tramp, or ride 4 wheelers, but a lot of times you will find him snuggled up on the couch with all 5 of us curled around him!
As all of you know, Brad is an awesome cook! The kids told us one night that Mom cooks the regular stuff and Dad cooks the good stuff!!! We had a good laugh because it is so true!!! He is also very talented when it comes to building. He is very meticulous when he is making something. It drives him crazy if it is not perfect!!! He has built our homes and several others. He is very involved in the whole process from picking out just the right paint color (we had 10 different ones before we got just the right color), to carpet, to furniture and fixtures. He has also built bookcases to match our computer room, Kessa's dresser, a gun cabinet, storage units for Steve, & a desk & cabinets for our garage. One day he would love to have the dream garage full of woodworking tools!
He has taught himself to play the guitar and I love to listen to him play and sing. He plays a lot to relax and unwind. He has taught Kannon quite a few songs and it is so fun to hear them!!
Brad loves to hunt, especially with his brothers, Dad and Kannon. He was so excited for Kannon when he got his first deer! He loves camping with both families and riding 4 wheelers and anything outside. Right now, he teaches Elders Quorum once a month. It stresses him, but people always tell me what a great job he does!! He has a strong testimony of the gospel and our Savior Jesus Christ.
He is such a blessing to me and our kids. They can not wait until he comes home in the mornings and they all run to him as soon as he walks in the door! They love when he is on a 6-day!!! We are so lucky to have him as our Dad and husband. He is so devoted to all of us and we love him so much. His happiest days are when he is doing things with his whole family! We love you, Roddy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment