Saturday, January 23, 2010

Alien

by Beverly Evans - circa 1960
"It's 1:30 and I should be in bed but I have been reading the poems and laughing - I hope I can go to sleep. Here is a poem I wrote 50 years ago. I could only remember a little bit and then it came to me so I thought I better write it down. Love, Mom"

Alien (It didn't have a title so I added one)

He alighted from his saucer
In a very cheery manner
And he carried on his back
What seemed to be a banner.

He planted it quickly in the ground
Then left on his trip to the stars
And according to the words on that flag,
The earth had been claimed by Mars.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Good job mom. I love it! It reminds me of a little poem you'd find in a Shel Silverstein book. I can even picture a little cartoon alien to go with it.