Monday, April 5, 2010

News from the Mission Field

My Conference/Easter weekend was pretty awesome, as I hope yours was. Here's a little bit about it... My companion and I biked up to the stake center on Saturday morning to watch the 1st session of General Conference with investigators and other missionaries . I went and put in 2 cakes in the oven that I had prepared as a special promise to one of our investigators. Well immediately after conference was over the rush began because we had a baptism to do! It was so exciting and I was/am so happy for Mary Junge. She asked me to baptize her so thus it made it even that much better for me. Everything went smoothly and my companion and I even sang a song "When I am baptized". It was great and she bore her testimony at the end which really finished it off great. Then we watched the 2nd session of General Conference in the nursery with just us and the Junges because the kids were getting restless. All the messages were so good. We went out and ate dinner after that with the Junges and I had some good calamari. We went back to watch the Priesthood session, which of course was awesome and very inspired. Then we had an opportunity to give a blessing to one of the members in our ward which made me feel great.

On Easter Sunday we biked up to the Stake center again and watched the music and the spoken word before the Sunday morning session and then enjoyed that 3rd session with the Hernandez family. Afterward lunch was provided for the missionaries by a nice member in the Katy stake and it was pretty good barbecue. We biked to the Hernandez home in between sessions so we could watch the last session there. Once again, General Conference just flew by so fast. All the messages were so amazing and I hope everyone has an opportunity to go over them on the new webside.
www.gc.lds.org so you can watch all past sessions like they're live. We had our Easter dinner with the Hernandezs (that's probably not hot to say it, oh well) and had a ton of fun. We made cookies, and some really really good angus burgers.

Not a lot said but a lot is going on here with me in my mission. I love the life and love the Lord. Thanks for all your love and encouragement. I keep you in my prayers.

Peace n Love,
Elder Kyle Carlson






No comments: