Monday, October 4, 2010

Elder Carlson year update

Dear family and friends,


Well I have been serving in the Great Texas Houston Mission for a little over a year now and have loved every minute of it. My mission has been such a learning experience and my growth has been a blessing. I didn't fully realize what a spiritual, fun, exciting and amazing time this would be for me. I thank you all for your examples, support and testimonies.

I know that through revelation the prophet knew that I just had to come here to learn all I needed and meet those who needed me. I think it is beautiful here and the temple looks like a castle. Our mission President is a great man and he leads us to do a great work here.

I miss you all a lot. I have thought recently about family that I saw at wonderful activities before I left, such as my receiving of my endowments and my farewell. All the family activities we had when I was growing up with monthly birthday parties. I sure hope I get a chance to see you all at my homecoming as well!

The lives that have changed go beyond just mine, the people that I have had the opportunity to teach have been influenced and felt the spirit as they have progressed towards baptism and activity in the Church. I could tell a million stories about those I have taught and the amazing times with them. But....I just simply don't have any time! I'll have plenty after my mission but I hope you can check out pictures on facebook. I'll add a few to this blog post along with my monthly ones that will follow hereafter. =]
Peace, Love & Honor,
ELDER kyle CARLSON

1 comment:

Snick said...

Hey Elder C. thank you so much for sharing with us on the blog. Looking forward to your monthly posts! You're such an amazing example to our family. Keep up the great work.
Love, Aunt Snick