Monday, November 16, 2015

Elder Kannon Evans

Dearest people that have probably never used a bidet,

Yes. Bidet´s exist in Argentina.

Wow what a week! First of all. Our entire mission had the oppurtunity to go to the temple this week! So amazing. The temple really is such a special place, and there is always so much peace. Plus the session was all in spanish and I could understand everything so thats awesome :)

Also.. rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain. Ive never seen so much water in my life... Okay I lied Ive been to beach theres a lot of water there. But still. I didnt think it was going to rain or anything, so I left with a short sleave shirt and no jacket or nothing. Yeah it rained. Hard. I was completely drenched in about 2 minutes. Thank you Argentina for your bipolar weather. 
Rain. Makes my future wife that much hotter.

Lastly, Derqui is exploding right now! In case you didnt know there are two sets of missionaries here in Derqui. We have 3 investigators with a baptismal date that are going to be batized sí o sí, and its very likely that we will have a 4th tonight. One of them quit smoking in 3 days. 3 days. AND WE HADNT EVEN TAUGHT HER THE WORD OF WISDOM YET. She told us that she had no idea what happened.. All of a sudden she just didnt have a desire to smoke. She has a baptismal date for 29 and her mom for this coming Sunday. And the other missionaries found a family of 4 that will be baptized this coming week as well! So in the next 2 weeks, Derqui will have 8 new members. God is directing the work here, and is definitely leading us to the peole prepared to learn the gospel. 

Lastly lastly, Elder Fernandez went to a restaraunt called Siga la vaca today.. It literally means follow the cow.. yeah I dont know. But.. this restaraunt is a freaking ARGENTINE BBQ BUFFET.  Oh my goodness Ive never eaten so much meat in my life. Pretty sure I tore something in my stomach.. Days like these make me grateful to be serving in the beef capital of the world.

Peace. Blessings. Meat.

Love you all!


Elder Evans

No comments: