
Kannon has been on the countdown for his birthday for over a month now! Every day he reminds me how many days are left. I don't think he is excited at all!! He turns 13 this year. I can't believe he's that old! It seems just like yesterday that we were watching the opening ceremonies of the Olympics the night he was born!!! I knew everything about the Atlanta bombing because I always watched the Olympics when I was feeding him, day or night!!!
Anyway, Kannon is such an easy boy. He is all boy - he loves sports and hunting and now his latest craze is cars. He is constantly on the look out for Mustangs for me (that will be my midlife crisis car - haha). He can tell you all kinds of stats about football players and even watches old games on ESPN. He is a die-hard Patriots fan and can't wait for Tom Brady to come back this year. I think the hightlight of his life so far was last year when we went to the Patriots game with Kevin & Cynth. I will never forget the look on his face when we told him we were going!!!! We had a great time even tho the Patriots got killed by the Chargers! His new winter sport has become snowboarding. He is getting pretty good. He told me the other day that he and Preston are going a lot this winter because Preston gets his license in a few months!! We'll see!!
He drew a deer tag this year and is excited about redeeming himself from last year. He told me the other day, "I had Buck Fever big time last year! I admit it!" He loves to go target shooting and will fire the 22 as fast as he can. He says he loves that sound!!
This year in baseball, he played catcher and even pitched a few games. I think he has found a new favorite position! He now wants his own catching gear for next year. He also played on the All-Star team for our league. He had some good catches playing centerfield and did a great job playing catcher.
He has the Evans talent for quoting movies! He can watch a movie once and quote just about the whole thing back to you!! We were on our way camping last year and he and Brad quoted movie lines for over an hour! The girls and I were laughing so hard! I tell him he needs to channel that ability into his school work. Somehow he should be able to make English and History into a one liner!!! Actually, he is a really good student. He seems to also have another Evans ability - Math. We keep telling him he needs to work really hard in school so he can become an Orthodontist or an Oral Surgeon so he can buy us a beach house when we're old, (or my mustang!) I think we're doing a good job of convincing him!
He was just put in as the President of his Deacon's quorum. He is pretty excited and is taking on the responsibility really well. I was really proud of him a couple of weeks ago when Brad and I were gone for the weekend. He was staying at my brother's and he had them take him to our ward so he could pass the Sacrament and go to Priesthood. I was quite impressed that he takes that so seriously.
Kannon has always been an easy going boy. He doesn't get mad too easy and he takes really good care of his sisters. Sometimes he would like to choke them with all of their giggling and squealing, but he tolerates that pretty well. He is tender-hearted and wants to please everybody. He has been so concerned about Kevin. During his surgeries, he texted me over and over to find out how he was doing and he couldn't wait to see him afterwards. He loves doing things with family no matter what it is.
All in all, we think he is a pretty special kid. He is growing up right before our eyes and now here he is, going into 8th grade! Crazy!!! We love you lots and are so proud of you, Little Man!
1 comment:
Holy Crap, I can't believe he is already 13 and going into 8th grade!! Kannon is a good boy, you and Brad have done a great job raising him thus far!
Post a Comment