Grandma Christensen got this recipe from Tiffany and made it for the Evans family for Christmas - it was quite a hit! She had Mom email me the recipe right after Christmas and I just barely realized that I still hadn't added it to the blog yet... sorry! Grandma, we're so glad you were able to make it down from NewCastle to share Christmas AND this dessert with us.
We LOVE you!!
We LOVE you!!
Mud Pie:
First Layer
1 pkg oreos crushed (aboutt 3 C.)
6 T. sugar
1 cube melted butter
Mix together and press into bottom of 9 x 13 pan
Second Layer
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 C. powdered sugar
1 heaping C. cool whip
Mix together and spread on oreo layer
Third Layer
1 large pkg chocolate instant Jello pudding mix
1 large pkg vanilla instant Jello pudding mix
5 C. milk
Whisk together, pour on cream cheese layer
Fourth Layer - Cool Whip
(Tiffany had written 6 oz. pkg of cream cheese and I am assuming it means 8 oz. However, the second layer was quite stiff and hard to spread on the cookie layer - it might need less cream cheese or more Cool Whip).
1 comment:
HA! Love grandma! she's so dang cute. Yes, she loves mud pie. Yes you do use a whole package of cream cheese I just let it sit out for awhile or micro it for like 30 seconds. Make sure the cup of cool whip is heaping. I've never had mine be too stiff, I've made this stuff at least a million times. Enjoy, it's way yummy! I think grandma just likes the real name (Better than s*x pie!) haha!!!
Post a Comment