| Baptism this week. Maria (the mom) got baptized 2 weeks ago. And Andres (middle) got baptized yesterday! |
Dear People in the United States,
Ha... Ha. Hahaha.. Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh my goodness what a WEEK! In case you didn't know, I arrived to Argentina safely and didn't die in a fiery plane crash, so that's good. I can not believe that I'm here! This place is insane! Not gonna lie, seeing Buenos Aires from here kinda scared the crap out of me. It possibly (definitely) the biggest city I've ever seen. The city goes on for miles!!! But then I thought "There are people in this city huge city that are being prepared for me". That calmed me down a little, but still, this place is HUGE!
My companion is awesome! His name is Elder Garcia, and he's from Chile. What a stud. He does speak a little english which is good, but every time he tries to talk in english I have to tell him "solamente español". Cause yeah, my spanish is terrible.
The LANGUAGE. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! oh goodness. Yeah I have a lot of work to do. Before I came here, I was told by someone that the people of Argentina speak really slow. Yeah, whoever told me that is a liar and needs to repent ;) jkjk. But oh my goodness these people speak so fast! Plus the hard accent, yeah, it's difficult haha. So every time I talk with someone I have to tell them to slow down. But I'm definitely learning! In just this one week I have learned so much! It's great! I can talk good to people, with my new words and such, but I only understand about 40% of what these people are saying because of the thick accent. So there's one thing I need to work on. But it's cool that I can understand all of what the American missionaries are saying that have been here for a really long time. If I can understand the accent, I'll be just fine! So I'm definitely going to be working on that for the next few months. :)¨
The people here are also so awesome! Their all so friendly (well, about 99% of them). And all so humble! In every "house" that I've been in, not one has had carpet. Only concrete floors. It's crazy. And they are so grateful for everything. One family that got baptized in the last few weeks, their names are Kevin and Candy, they had bought a little m&m dispenser.. They were so excited for this little piece of plastic that we could buy at walmart for like $3. It's insane.
So yeah that's a short summary of my week. It's been incredibly stressful, yet awesome. I have a lot of work to do (A LOT) but I know that through hard work, lots of patience, and help from the Savior, the language and everything around me will be easy in a few months. So excited to be here. So excited to be a missionary. And so excited to bring people unto Christ.
Love you all!
Elder Evans
No comments:
Post a Comment