Monday, August 10, 2015

La obra (THE WORK)

Dearest people north of the equator,

How are yall?! Hopefully all is well. All is well here tambien.

It´s been a pretty good week here! The language is coming little by little. I´m definitely learning patience here haha. But give me a few months and ill be just fine :) 

We have a couple baptisms lined up! One is the brother of a recent convert, his name is David. Not gonna lie he is probably one of the most annoying kids we´ve ever met, but we love him! and then also Juan, the husband of another recent convert. He didn´t really have a desire to learn before, but we commited him to read the book of mormon every day for a week with his family and now he wants to be baptized! Miracles!

I´ve been thinking a lot about the atonement this past week. I´ve had my difficulties, just like every missionary has. And I´ve been praying with all my might that through the atonement these things would be lifted. I didn´t realize until a few days ago, Christ has been applying his atonement to me since my first day here. I´m thousands of miles away, in a country where I don´t know the language well, asking people to change their lives. I should be freaking out right?! But I´ve been extremely calm. Christ was taking away my pains and I didn´t even know it. It´s crazy just how much He helps us. And I challenge you to find something in your life this week where Christ has helped you, and give thanks to Him.

I love you all! And thank you for your support!

Elder Evans
Some Elders in my district, Elder Miner and Elder Gonzalez

No comments: