Sister Alex Solomon:
Well it has definitely been an interesting week. To start, I did not get transferred and neither did my companion! I'm really excited about that actually because now we are friends and I didn't want to have to try getting along with a new companion again. I think I'm a difficult person to live with....oops. While we are on the subject of transfers, I'm not in a trio anymore and it makes me so happy! ANOTHER sister (who happened to come out at the same time as me) went home this week. She wasn't sick or anything. She just decided that she didn't want to work hard. I guess the whole 18-month commitment that you signed up for thing didn't really mean much to her. Anyway, I'm super glad that our third sister in our trio now has a new temporary companion because I was getting real sick and tired of her being in our business all the time. IM SO GLAD ITS OVER. I love her but I just can't do it anymore.
On the bright side of things, it has been raining like CRAZY this week. I love it so much and I have decided that someday I want to live in western Washington. Or maybe Oregon. I don't know. I love rain and want it all the time. The only bad thing was that because of crazy hail storms that are currently happening, a bunch of power poles have been knocked over on our main road and everyone has been out of power. Ours came on early yesterday morning which was great but we have some Ward members who still don't have power. We also have Ward members whose houses have a giant power pole going through their roof now. It's sad. I'll send a video of right after it happened.
So we had a baptism this Saturday! It was amazing! But I still kind of feel like I can't take any of the credit because Chris had been taught by so many sisters before me. I really did nothing there so I never felt like he was MY investigator, you know? I'm still waiting for someone to get baptized who I actually got to witness the conversion with. Keep your fingers crossed for Chloe and Colleen! Chloe is ready to get baptized but her grandpa wants to do the baptism and is currently not worthy. Also, Colleen wants to get baptized with Chloe but she is still smoking like 2 packs a day ...awkward....PLUS, there is the issue of Chloe's parents both being in prison and not wanting her to get baptized...it's an interesting situation all around.
I went on exchange to the most ghetto area of our mission the other day. It's the farthest south that our mission goes so it's almost to downtown Phoenix. I absolutely loved it! We met crazy people and a drug dealer and it was the coolest thing ever. People in my area never let us in because they're so rich but those poor people let you right in and take care of you and want to learn. It was awesome! But there was a gross hair in my food for dinner that night and that was probably the worst part. My companion for that day is named Sister Dudley. She's from London! How cool is that?! We had a long discussion about Sherlock and it was the coolest. She told me I should come stay with her sometime. (Side note: I got my ukulele in the mail this week *thanks mom* and I played Traveling Soldier by the Dixie Chicks for her and she totally cried at the end)
Anyway, sister Dudley is the best and when I do get transferred someday, I don't want it to be to the flagstaff zone. I want to be Phoenix North all the way! Apparently not a lot of sisters want to go there so I'll let the president know that I'm all for it.
Overall, it has been a good week. My roommates have been crying and throwing fits a lot because of all the crazy things that have been happening with transfers and storms and I just think it's the most hilarious thing. They're all weenies. I love them. But they are
weenies.
LOVES
p.s. Elder Jenkins (Milo's nephew, Chase) sent me an email talking about how he met Elder (Kannon) Evans! He had some good things to say so I will forward some of it.
"Hey so i met Elder Evans. What a humble stud!!!! met and baptized one of my old investigators!! So we talked and boy i love the kid he is so cool and humble and only speaks spanish. Diligent little missionary." Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment