Sister Alex Solomon:
Good things this week!
There was a Polynesian choir that came down from Utah to perform for our stake and they were amazing! They are the Divine Heritage choir. Anyway, on Saturday they held a big luau at the stake center where they did tons of dancing and stuff. They had food there.....kahlua pork, rice, grilled chicken, pineapple, and macaroni salad. Mmmmmmmmm good! The host is from New Zealand and he was dang hilarious. He also did this stellar fire dance that I'm going to try to put in this email. The next day, they sang in 4 sacrament meetings and held a missionary fireside where they sang songs and bore their testimonies. We also got to have dinner with them that night. They were staying at the stake president's house (36 choir members) and he signed up to feed us so we went and chowed down on some ribs, links, rice, and potato salad that had all been cooking ALL DAY. Basically, it was the best weekend and I wish I was Polynesian now. I asked them if I could join the choir and if I would stand out and they were like, "You could TOTALLY pass as Samoan." Haha, it was awesome and I love them all!
I went on exchanges with my girl BAUER POWER and it was amazing. Even if we didn't have a whole lot going on that day.... she always inspires me to push myself and be better than I am. I got to see her and Sister Moss at zone conference on Friday and it was pretty amazing! We also got to go paint some houses on Saturday morning as a tri-stake missionary service project. It was great and I got to show off my minimal painting skills. I was cutting in the trim and everyone was like, "How are you doing that? Where did you learn that?" I thought it was just a common sense thing but I told them, "Well, my dad owned a painting business for a little while." Then they all thought I was a pro and kept asking me for help. Pft, yeah I'm not even good at it! Dad would've been a little disappointed actually!
Anyway, Sister Christley and I are doing well and are having some crazy awesome times together. I'm loving life and now just trying to find some solid investigators. #prayforus
No comments:
Post a Comment