What do Joaquin Phoenix, Hillary Clinton, and salsa all have in common?...they were all part of my week! Here goes....I'm just jumping in because there's a lot.
We found a new investigator!! We were walking down the street and she was sitting on the hood of her car with her laptop so I made my companion go talk to her. We asked her how her day was going and she said, "Not too good....my boyfrien ask me to marry him and then he block me on Facebook..." We were like, "Oh no! How long were you together?" (This was Monday) and she goes, "Since Friday." so that led us into this whole conversation where we tried to teach and she kept bringing it back to her "boyfrien". Turns out, she is the CRAZIEST and we love her so stinking much. I asked what her name was and she yelled, "CHICA GARCIA"! Then, while we were teaching, she goes, "hold on a second," and runs inside her house. We wait a minute and she comes back out and proudly poses, with hands on her hips, with a bearded dragon on her shoulder while shouting, "THIS IS JOAQUIN!" So I said, "Oh cool! Like Joaquin Phoenix?" And she yells, "NO. Like Joaquin GARCIA." Anyway, she's insane and we go over there every couple of days. She likes to be taught but we finally figured out that Chica is slightly mentally handicapped so there's not a lot of retention going on. That's okay, though, because she's the best and we will still visit her!
![]() |
|
The Salsa Incident: So last night, our dinner gave us a Mason jar full of homemade salsa. All the vegetables were grown in her own garden and it looked delicious! Well we stopped by a member's house nearby to pump up my bike tire. As I'm knocking on the door (and discovering they aren't home), I see Sis Christley bump into her bike and knock it over while the Mason jar goes flying. So that's how the Contreras family ended up with a driveway that looked like someone had puked all over it. She freaked out and didn't know what to do and so she starts SCOOPING UP THE SALSA AND BROKEN GLASS WITH HER HANDS AND RUNNING ACROSS THE STREET TO DUMP IT IN THE ROCKS. She goes back and forth a couple times as I'm watching incredulously and then comes back and goes, "IM BLEEDING" and proceeds to show me her hands now drenched in a mix of salsa and blood. I left a VERY interesting note on the door detailing everything that happened and then we went to the next closest member's house. Imagine their surprise when they open their door at 7:30 to the sister missionaries standing there yelling about flat tires, salsa, and bloody hands as Sis Christley is just waving her hands around to show them. Anyway, it's all good now but I have a giant hole in my tire.
Other interesting things:
I went to the Ward trunk-or-treat and ran into Hillary Clinton! Who knew she was going to be there?! I had to get a picture because I knew no one was going to believe me.
![]() |
|
I had an exchange with Sister Moss, my trainee who is all growed up, and it was great! She's hilarious and I need her in my life more.
Overall, I love my companion, I love my area, and I LOVE crazy people and situations. It was a good one!


No comments:
Post a Comment