Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Wayne!


Happy Birthday Wayne! Wayne is 32 this year and it's weird to think that when we met he was still 18. He had long hair on top and buzzed sides! He's come far! I really never could have known back then what a good husband and Dad he would be. The boys can't wait to see him when he gets home from work. They all take turns giving him hugs and kisses. He likes to spend as much time with them as possible and gets frustrated when he feels too busy. On days with the boys he likes playing Wii, catch, legos, board games, and watching the boys play out front. He likes to be there when they get home from school and preschool and always critiques their work and tells them what a great job they did. He makes each of the boys feel individual and loved. He never leaves the house to run an errand without one of them, and is very good about letting them "help" him with things, even when it takes longer and is really more work! All the neighborhood boys know Wayne and think he's cool. They want to hang out and "help" him a lot of times too. Wayne has a testimony and inner strength that I envy. He doesn't question anything and knows that Heavenly Father is in control. As a result, he almost never worries, or loses sleep over anything. Wayne is very responsible, and dependable. He isn't always quick to commit to something but once he does you never have to worry about it being done right. When we went back to Tennessee, we went to the home of an older couple that he wasn't sure whether they would even remember him or not. The man was over 80. They remembered him well, and his hard work on a storage shed for them. They said they still remember how conscientious and precise he had been in the work he had done. That was over 10 years later! Wayne believes in doing things right even if it takes longer. Wayne is a good friend. He isn't outgoing or particularly social but the friends he makes are good ones who know they can count on him for anything. Wayne is very thoughtful and gives the best gifts, because he puts so much thought into them. I'm as excited at Christmas and birthdays as the kids because he always get me good stuff, and he is always able to keep it a surprise. I am so blessed to have Wayne in my life, and couldn't have picked a better match for me and Dad for my kids. Thanks Wayne for all that you do for us, we love you!

~Melissa




Why we love Dad:

Rylan- He plays Indiana Jones 2 and football with me.

Chandler- He's nice. He gives me baths. He goes to work

Jared- He reads me books.








HAPPY BIRTHDAY WAYNE. Someone forgot to mention it on the Evans Blog!!!! But your mom told me a few days ago that they were going in Friday, that they were going to celebrate your Birthday. I have tried to think what your dad used to call you when you were little, I guess it is because I am getting older or that it has been too many years ago that you that you came into that big family. Anyway HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I am waiting to hear some of that Scotch coming from you. I understand it takes a lot of WIND (to play those Bag Pipes).
~Love you, Grandma Christensen



Happy Birthday, Wayne! We love you and are very proud of you and your accomplishments. Wayne is our baby and was always a sweet, loving kid. Do you remember "the sign" and "the double-sign"?

He has a lot of talents and we loved watching him play sports and play the bass. I am especially excited about him learning to play the bagpipes. I had such an enjoyable time when I went with Wayne and his family back to Tennessee (where he served his mission) and North Carolina (to visit Julie and Charles). These pictures are from that trip. Have a great birthday.

~Love, Mom & Dad


















Wayne is such a sweet brother and I’ve always been able to count on him for a big hug! He is so smart, talented and handsome. His mind is always working and figuring things out. We love going to Wayne’s house for dinner and to play games or rock band. Wayne has a good sense of humor and enjoys having a good time but he HATES to lose at games, so... it’s better to lose to him than to have him in a grumpy mood. It’s apparent how much Wayne loves his wife, kids and other family members. We love you too, Schwonka!

~Love, Snick

p.s. Grandma, I think the nickname you were wondering about is Crusher Boy or CB for short!



When it comes to Wayne, I think I can pretty much say "ditto" to all the things I said about Brad and Kevin. He is handsome, generous, a hard worker and fun to be around. He is also very detail oriented and does EVERYTHING well!! He is a very well-balanced person who can have fun and relax, but is good at getting stuff done. As far as I can tell, he has an amazing work ethic! He must have had the same work ethic as a kid, because his room was ALWAYS clean! I love playing games, but I'm really starting to get sick of losing to Wayne! Whenever I play Settlers or Ticket to Ride with him, he wins probably 75% of the time. Wayne also has a cute little family and he is a wonderful father. I love my baby brother and I'm proud of him and all of his accomplishments.

~ Vicki



Wayne can grow a good Mexican 'stache!

~ Shane













When I got thinking about Wayne, I first thought of Tinker Toys, Lincoln Logs, Garfield stuffed animals and Magic Johnson posters. And do you remember that brown stuffed bear? What was its name? I remember his room with the forest animal wallpaper and the pom pom trim on the lamp and curtains. Most of all I remember he was always working on some ellaborate structure with Tinker Toys, Lincoln Logs or Legos. He liked building things and has always been very smart. Wayne has always been very mellow and easy to get along with. He is kind and generous, is a hard worker and is good at everything he does! Happy Birthday Wayne. We love and miss you!
~Suzy


CLICK HERE to read the spotlight about Wayne in the June 2003 family newsletter. Go to the second page and click on it to make it large enough to read.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That's an AWESOME stache picture! So funny! Where'd you get that?