I got this recipe from a "Comfort Food" magazine that I bought in December 2008 while stranded at Hollywood Video. I had borrowed Wayne & Melissa's Saturn and locked the keys inside the car (for the second time!). Wayne was at work so Kyle was nice enough to go pick up Wayne's spare key and bring it to me. I've gotten some great recipes from this magazine, so I guess it was worth the embarrassment :)
I made these for our 2010 Super Bowl party at Kevin's house and Tylee fell in love and requested the recipe. These are great frozen!

Peanut Butter Blondies
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2/3 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter chips
Frosting:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup baking cocoa
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup peanut butter chips
In a large bowl, cream the peanut butter, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in chips.
Spread into a greased 13x9 baking pan. Bake at 325ยบ for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
For frosting, in a small bowl, combine the butter, cocoa, milk, corn syrup and vanilla. Gradually add powdered sugar; beat until smooth. Frost and sprinkle with chips. Cut into bars.

2 comments:
Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OOOHH!! Those do look yummy! I'll have to try to make some one of these days!
Post a Comment