Monday, December 14, 2015

6 Months

Dearest people that don't eat Halls cough drops as candy,

Well freak. I don't know how it happened, but, I hit 6 months in about 3 days. Fastest 6 months of my life. And to answer your question if Im going to burn a tie for my 6 months, the people here in Argentina have the habit of burning all of their trash on the side of the road, and I don't think they'll have a problem with me throwing in a tie, so.. yes.

All is well here in Derqui. We have the son of Susana, our recent convert, set for baptism on the 27th, and a few other possibilities. 

Yesterday was a very special day. Elder Fernandez and I had the opportunity to go to a Christmas devotional in Escobar, and it was a choir of missionaries serving here in Buenos Aires North. I closed my eyes and was just able to think and listen to the music (no i didn't fall asleep). And I was able to think about the importance of our Savior. I felt the spirit incredibly strong and I thought, sometimes we just need to do just that, just take a few moments, close our eyes, and just think about His role in our life. Especially during this time of the year. If we take a few minutes out of the day to think of Him, we will feel the true spirit of christmas, and why we celebrate.

I love you all. Have a Merry Christmas. And do something for someone else :)

Elder Evans
Apparently Joseph Smith was a General in the Argentine Army.
Yeah.. our bike broke.

No comments: