Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Transfers are happening...?

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! Mine went well, aside from listening to our Ward member's lengthy monologue concerning all of her marital problems. That was kind of rough, but the meal was great! Sister Williams and I made our own Thanksgiving too so we could make all the foods we missed out on at our actual dinner (mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts, pie, etc.). It was pretty fabulous and Sister Williams also introduced me to the magic that is Ben and Jerry's half-baked ice cream.

Sooooo transfers are happening tomorrow...we found out yesterday that Sister Williams is getting transferred. I was pretty sad about it but then I was talking to our zone leaders yesterday and they told me that I was supposed to be training a new missionary this transfer! I'm really excited about it but there's only one problem: when you train, President Griffin calls you the day before to tell you and I have not received a call yet today. I REALLY hope that I get to train but it's getting late in the day and I don't think it's going to happen. Thank you zone leaders for getting my hopes up! Oh well, there's still time. President has been known to change his mind about trainers on his way up to the podium to tell everybody. I'll let you know how that goes.

We had our last official lesson with our lesbian couple, Diantha and Angel, this week and we were so sad! They got us each a Build-a-Bear with a birth certificate and everything. They refused to take a
picture with us because one of them was having a bad hair day but we got some with the daughter, Elainah, so I'll send one to you.

Anyway, a lot more happened this week but I'm running out of time because I have to go cut my companion's hair… we'll see how that turns out! Pictures to come!

On a more spiritual note, I finished the Book of Mormon for the third time since being here and I have learned so much from it each time I read it. My advice for all of you is to take Elder Andersen's advice and read the Book of Mormon from cover to cover. "It will increase your faith".

LOVES
Pretty sure I was talking in this picture.
We had to break into a member's backyard so we could weed it....


The best Christmas lights I have ever seen!


No comments: