January 12, 2016
Sister Alex Solomon:
Hellooooo, it has been a pretty good week. I'd also like to call attention to the fact that on Friday, I will officially have been gone for 6 MONTHS. Weird, yeah? I still feel so new but that is definitely a substantial portion of my mission...wow. You'd think that I would know what I'm doing by now.
Sister Alex Solomon:
Hellooooo, it has been a pretty good week. I'd also like to call attention to the fact that on Friday, I will officially have been gone for 6 MONTHS. Weird, yeah? I still feel so new but that is definitely a substantial portion of my mission...wow. You'd think that I would know what I'm doing by now.
First of all, thank you dad for the awesome package I got this week! I have been using my apple slicer like crazy and have made some good recipes from the Eat to Live book. I also finished the spy book and now carry my tactical pen with me wherever I go! My roommates think I'm a little paranoid but I always just laugh because I know I'll be the one who survives in the end.... ;)
Nothing too crazy has happened this week but it's weird because Sister Wood is home now. Out of everything that has happened and changed on my mission, Sister Wood has been the one constant thing. I have lived with her for 6 months and I honestly couldn't stand to be around her for the first 2. But now, I have no idea what I'm going to do without her. As of yesterday, I am the most experienced missionary living in our apartment and I am now having to answer the other sister's questions about how to do stuff. Honestly, I have just been making up answers sometimes.
Because Sister Wood left yesterday, I have been in a trio with Sister Bauer and I love it so much! We really should be companions someday. We have had a lot of fun together these past couple days. The best part was last night when we were bored and waiting on a lesson so we laid down in the middle of the street and started quoting lines from The Notebook. It was awesome but it ended too soon because we almost got hit by a car...just like in the movie...what a coincidence! President Griffin told me he wouldn't put us together because he knows we really want to but I think he will someday.
Good news! Iris and Eva Capshaw are getting baptized!! We have put them on date for January 30th but the date might have to be moved because they want to get baptized by John, the dad, and he needs to be ordained as a priest first. They are progressing at a crazy rate, though! They have been coming to church for only two weeks now and they feel like they have been there forever. Our Ward is so welcoming toward them and everyone is really excited for their baptism. Iris is already talking about going to the temple a year from now to get sealed. She said she wants me to be there but I will have JUST gotten home from my mission! So I'll hopefully have to figure out something there. It's just amazing to me how these people popped out of nowhere and just want to get baptized and go to the temple. I love them! This is why I'm here! We are planning a trip to the Mesa temple with them so I will send pictures when I can.
LOVES
I need to take more pictures....I literally did not take a single one this week
No comments:
Post a Comment