Monday, March 7, 2016

Don't worry, I'm keeping my clothes on...

Sister Alex Solomon:

It has been another good week! I'm still loving my area but am beginning to realize just how dead it is for now. No investigators in a small Ward with mostly inactive members. We made almost 100 phone calls this week trying to get lessons with people and we scheduled one! Woohoo! Haha, one lesson is super exciting! Pretty much, we have just been biking everywhere trying to find people. (I'm still looking for an odometer so I can have massive bragging rights when I tell people how much I bike) I'm still just exhausted all the time and can't believe how fast time is starting to move. I am excited for this Ward though because it has so much potential. President Griffin has told me that I have "the best bishop in the mission" and I completely believe him. The leadership in this Ward is so on board with missionary work, it's amazing.

As far as the work goes, we got yelled at by inactive members a few times this week and got called some nasty names so that was pretty cool. People are either way nice about it or just don't answer their doors here so it was nice to get a normal what-you-would-expect-from-a-mission reaction a couple times. In good news though....the CRAZY Capshaw family finally got baptized! I was able to go to my old area for the day to be there! It was awesome even though I showed up and Sister Moss told me I was bearing my testimony in front of everyone like 2 minutes before it happened and this one lady gave like a 237 minute talk on the Holy Ghost. It was great though and I didn't realize how happy I was until I saw John baptizing Iris and Eva and I thought I was going to cry. They are so unbelievably weird but I love them a lot and I'm super proud of them!

"Iris wanted one with just me."
Things are going well with my companion still. She is a fast biker, which I love, and she is just so happy all the time, it's contagious. Our roommates in our apartment do well with each other but sometimes Sister Mudrow and I get a little frustrated with them because neither of them have ever been away from home with roommates before so we pretty much do all of the cleaning and organizing and stuff. They kind of don't do anything at home so we are working on that with them...

Fun facts: my awesome bishop here has a brother who lives in Logandale! He said he is a firefighter in Vegas so I was like, "ummm, I GUARANTEE my family knows him." I don't know his name but the Bishop's last name is Raban. Does anyone know any Rabans there?

Also, I found out this week that there is a nudist colony in my area! Haha! It's RIGHT next to the church building and we are not allowed to proselyte there, as per orders from the mission president. However, my companion was able to skype teach someone there once. Hmmm, that would be interesting. We'll see if that happens again, I guess!

The sign from the nudist colony in our area....
it's legit and is right next to our church building. 
I'm gonna go ahead and assume the church was there first....
LOVES

No comments: