Sister Alex Solomon:
Oh my gosh there is so much to tell you that I really have no idea where to begin! Well, it was transfers this week and I finally got transferred from my first area. I was really sad because I loved my wards so much but I didn't go far! Our zone consists of the Glendale North Stake in Glendale and the Deer Valley Stake in North Phoenix. I transferred from Glendale North to Deer Valley so I'm not far at all and I still get to be with all of my same missionary friends in this zone. I currently hold the record for the longest in this zone now!
Anyway, my new companion's name is Sister Mudrow (moo-droh) and she is awesome! She is from Magna, Utah and she finishes her mission this transfer. It's super great to be with her because she is really chill and is just happy all the time. Plus, she's a great teacher and we are "equal senior companions" so it's nice to not have to have the responsibility of teaching and being a perfect example all of the time. I can trust that if I lose my words in a lesson, I can just look at her and she will expertly move on. She can do the same with me too so it works out nicely. Since she goes home soon, President Griffin told me last week, "I want you to really get to know the area before she leaves because you'll be leading and maybe training again next transfer." He didn't give me a specific time but I think I'll be in this area for around 6 months.
So, my new Ward. Yes, that's right, WARD. As in, one Ward!! My whole mission, I have covered multiple wards at a time (one containing 800+ people) and I felt like I was going crazy! But now I get to focus on one Ward and really get to know the members. It's called the North Valley Ward. I'm so excited! Because we have only one Ward, Sister Mudrow and I are on bikes full time! Our roommates have a car for when we go shopping and stuff but we just bike all the time. I was really scared for it because I've had a bike my whole mission so I could bike when I wanted but I always had the option of a car. I actually really love biking though! Our Ward doesn't have any investigators right now so we are focusing on finding and me getting to know the members. It's great because we get to talk to people on the street more and if no one talked to us during the day, at least we biked like 15 miles right? Every night, I fall into bed completely exhausted and I never know how I'm going to get up the next day but I love it. It makes me feel like I'm actually a hardworking missionary. I think I want to get an odometer for my bike so I can keep track of my mileage.
Other interesting things:
~The Capshaws are still getting baptized on the 5th and I get to go back to visit!
~I got bit by a hedgehog this week...it drew blood and now I think I have rodent powers.
~I had the bloodiest steak I've ever seen at dinner this week and it was actually pretty awesome...aside from all the mooing. Yeah, that's how rare it was.
~I love my new apartment except I'm sleeping in the tiny office (we have 1 bedroom, 1 bath, and 4 missionaries) and it's sort of dangerous because there is an In-N-Out Burger RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET. ❤️
#burgersfordays
It's all good and I'm excited for this transfer!
LOVES
P.s. I forgot to tell you mom but all of our missions got extended so I will be coming home on January 31st of next year. WOOT.
No comments:
Post a Comment