Hello!
A lot has been going on this week but nothing that's super exciting. I got my new companion, Sister Gonzales, and she is AWESOME. She is from a small farming town in the Philippines and has been out for about 16 months. Chances are, we will be together until she goes home. Our Ward members are starting to make jokes about how everyone in the mission will start calling me 'the reaper'. Not gonna lie, that would be pretty cool. Anyway, we get along super well and she is just hilarious. She is SUPER quiet though so I'm the only one who knows how hilarious she is. I love it. We just have all these secret jokes.
We still have no investigators and we are trying super hard. We are also starting to have some major issues with our Ward mission leader. To be honest, after our meeting with him last night, I let a few tears loose on the bike ride home. I was just so frustrated! He doesn't want us to do our jobs because it will "mess up his plans for the Ward". Basically, our Ward used to have really bad missionaries so now he has absolutely no trust in us whatsoever and asks us to not talk to the members about missionary work. I could go on. The point is though, I'm super angry with him and am trying to be a good missionary but also, that was the first time that I cried because of how much I cared about missionary work and I think that marks some progress on my part. Yussssss.
In good news, I just found out approximately 3.7 minutes ago that Elder Holland is coming to our mission in 10 days! HOLY COW IM GONNA DIE. I can't tell you how many times I have read his talk from this last conference. It has helped me so much and I suggest you read and study it too. It can apply to EVERYONE. I'm so excited that he's coming and I can't wait to let you all know how it goes!
I'm officially over halfway in my mission now and I still have a long way to go but I also think that this is the closest I have ever been to being the person Heavenly Father wants me to be. It has been hard and completely awful at times but I've already seen how I have changed for the better. 9 months...I've done it once. I can do it again.
Hope you're all having a good week!
LOVES
PS sorry, I honestly did not take any pictures this week! I need to get a lot better at taking pictures… And finding interesting things to take pictures of…
Also, mom, The week I get home, we seriously need to go get some pedicures!
No comments:
Post a Comment