Tuesday, April 12, 2016

T R A N S F E R S...also, I'm almost halfway 🍕

So, I finally had a week where a lot of stuff happened! Hopefully it will be able to make sense to you.

To start off with some background, my companion Sister Mudrow was a sister training leader which means that she has to look after other sisters in the mission. Sister training leaders basically go on exchanges with other sisters to make sure that they're doing what they're supposed to be doing and that they aren't having any issues with each other. So this week, I went on three exchanges to different parts of the mission. It was fun and super crazy! I got to go to one of my favorite wards in the mission which is in a really sketchy area because it's as close to downtown Phoenix as we get. While I was there, I met some crazy old people, saw lots of police cars and blockades, and was almost hit by a train! It was like one of those crazy scenes from a movie where someone gets stuck on the tracks and everyone is honking at them. It was super scary! But hey, I'm still alive so all is well.

Sister Mudrow went home today. She went into the Mission home yesterday though so I have been without a companion for the past day. It feels really weird and I kind of feel naked all the time. It was a really good transfer with her and I'm going to miss her a lot! She was really easy to get along with.

I have been super stressed out all week about getting a new companion! I didn't know if I was going to have to train or not or whatever. But, we got home from shopping just a few minutes ago and I received a phone call from President Griffin. He told me that I was staying in my area and my new companion's name is Sister Gonzales. The first time I met her was this last week because I switched with her and went into her area and she into mine. She is super nice, really quiet, and is from the Philippines! I'm really excited to get to know her and be companions with her but a little stressed out too because she is also getting ready to go home! I think she has one maybe two transfers left. I'm not sure so I'll have to let you know next week! Pray for me to not get trunky! Oh yeah, President Griffin also told me that I'm going to be a sister training leader from now on… I'm not really sure how I feel about that…especially if I'm over dramatic sisters. I don't want to be the one who has to go on any emergency exchanges to keep sisters from fighting each other or something. Oh well, I think it should turn out fine.

Fun facts from this week:
On Sunday after sacrament, a returning less active member of the Ward came up to me and gave me a hug. She then proceeded to kiss me on the cheek very sloppily and bite my ear lobe! It was the weirdest thing and I had no idea how to react! Also, the Bishop took Sister Mudrow and I to Dairy Queen and I got a S'mores blizzard with Oreo. It was the best thing ever although I have no idea why they didn't just call it a S'moreo blizzard. #opportunitywasted

Overall, it was a good week. We still have no investigators but we can now get back to biking again! I'm pretty excited for it since I'm sick of staying in this apartment all the time. We will have a good time and hopefully whip our butts into shape! I'm working really hard on having lots of faith. Faith to find!! Wish us luck!

LOVES

Some dang good doughnuts for Sis Mudrow's last breakfast with us. 
They were expensive but SO worth it.

No comments: