SURPRISE!! It has been another slow week where we weren't able to do much of anything... however, Sister Mudrow's foot is healing well so I am very glad for that. We had a few lessons all with less active members in the ward and those went pretty well too. Still no new investigators but we have stepped up our game and are working hard to find people. We were so sick of having nothing to do that finally we just got dropped off in a section of our area that we don't really know much about and we walked around it for HOURS knocking on doors. It was kind of the 'fancy land' of our area. Man, some of these people have massive houses that are just gorgeous on the inside. Every time
we talk to one of those people I just want to ask, "If you have that much money, why the heck do you live here? The winters aren't worth it!" Not to be negative, but that's what I was thinking as it was late
March and I was covered in dust and sweat from head to toe while getting completely sunburned.
We are down to the last week of Sister Mudrow's mission so it's weird having to help her get all of her stuff together. It's causing me to think about home a lot still and that hasn't been very fun so I've
been trying to knock it off. Speaking of home though, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CONNOR! I can't believe he's 17 and that he went to prom and everything. So weird.
So, why am I an old man? There are probably a lot more reasons on top of this but after one of my 4 mile runs this week, I was stretching like I normally do and getting ready to do some lifting when I felt this nasty twinge in my lower back that completely dropped me. Man, it hurt so bad! I mean, I've had a sore back before and it gets all twisted from running and one of my legs ends up shorter than the other one but it has never been like this. For the last 3 days, I have not been able to bend over practically at all and sitting or standing or pretty much anything just hurts. Honestly, I kind of sound like Grandpa Evans walking and grunting around on his crutches in the morning. I'm just frustrated now because I AM TOO YOUNG FOR THIS. If you have any suggestions or solutions, I am very open to them!
General Conference was amazing! I hope you guys got to watch all of it! Remember last October when we had a mission tour where 2 members of the seventy came to talk to our mission? A couple weeks after that, BOTH of them spoke in conference. Well, just a couple weeks ago we had mission tour and Elder Mervyn B. Arnold came to speak to us and it was just about the scariest thing ever. Crazy thing though, he also spoke in conference this week! In his talk, he was really weepy but I will
tell you, he is NOT like that all the time AT ALL. But his talk was really awesome and I learned a lot from it and all the others.
My favorite talks were the ones given by Elder Bednar, President Uchtdorf, and Elder Holland, of course. I can't wait until they upload them to Gospel Library so I can read them all!! Seriously though, Elder Holland just kind of blew me away and I thought I was going to cry a little bit. The best was when MoTab sang Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing which is one of my favorite songs. I just got goosebumps the whole time. How was conference for all of you? What were your favorite parts?
Fun Facts of the week:
I planted my seeds that were in my Easter basket from family and the cilantro is really sprouting up! I'm so excited! The parsley is starting to peek through too but there's no sign of the peppers yet. I think that's one of the only fun things that happened.
LOVES
P.s. Read 'Write Down a Date' from the November 1984 Ensign. Let me
know what you think 😀
No comments:
Post a Comment