Monday, June 13, 2016

1 1 M O N T H S

Sister Alex Solomon:

Hello hello! I can't believe it has been yet another week. It has been so ridiculously hot here and I don't even know what else to say about that right now. You're going to hear it a lot over the summer anyway, so I'll try not to go too far into detail yet.

As for the work, most of our investigators have petered out. But, Batrice is still going strong! She has a baptism date in July and we are so excited for her. We actually just found out that she got engaged this week too! I don't know if I told you that whole story, but she got pregnant with a returned missionary and it has been a whole big mess. Anyway, good things are happening for her! Now we just have to find more investigators.

I know this sounds weird but as a way to help train other missionaries who are afraid of tracting, this sister training leaders and zone leaders in our zone have started taking videos of us tracting without the people at the door knowing it. I know that sounds like it could get messy, but we are being smart with it and it's actually really hilarious and fun to do! It makes me look forward to tracting! So I'm going to get some good videos and probably send one or two home so you can see what we do and how awkward it is. Yeah, we've done a lot of tracting lately and it's getting tiring. This week, we made a Jew, Pentecostal, some Catholics, and a bunch of other people on the same street. We also got super confused about the Trinity and the Godhead after talking to the Catholics so we had to sit down on the street for about 15 minutes and do some searching on Gospel Library.

I do have a favor to ask, mom! So Sister Gonzales' birthday is coming up on the 22nd and she has never received a package from home since she's so far away; even for Christmas. Do you think you could put together some cute little thing for her with Montana stuff in it or something? I'm trying to think of what she likes...lately all she's been talking about is cheesecake! Haha, but she loves root beer and she loves drawing. She's going back to finish her degree in civil engineering so she has perfect handwriting and is extremely organized. That's about all I got right now....

I got to see Nanette A couple of times this week! It was super awesome and I forgot how much I missed her! Sister Moss also came to stay on an exchange for one day. I completely forgot how much I loved her and missed her all the time! It's so quiet in my apartment all the time and I really miss her loud voice and craziness. Luckily, I get to go on an exchange with her this Saturday! I'm so excited!

Anyway, overall it has been pretty good. Nothing too crazy is happening but nothing too bad is happening either. I hit my 11 month mark this week and that feels so weird! It has been good and I'm looking forward to this week!


LOVES ️

No comments: