Monday, June 20, 2016

This one's kind of lame

Sister Alex Solomon:

Okay let's just start right in with the heat. So yesterday we had record highs and four people died while hiking and biking in the valley. We didn't get all of our finding hours in for the week because our Ward mission leader's family held us and our bikes hostage and wouldn't let us go outside. That was kind of nice but also kind of not because we got nothing done. They fell asleep at one point so we thought we could sneak out but we forgot that they have alarms on their doors. Long story short, they were mad and made us stay and their kids are never going to sneak out. Oh yeah, and we baked cookies in the car during church yesterday! They were a little doughy in the middle but they were kind of perfect.

Other things that happened this week: I went on exchange in downtown-ish Phoenix again (pretty much my favorite area since it's so ghetto) with an awesome new missionary! We had a lot in common and I've never seen anyone with so much motivation. She made me want to be better. While I was there, we found a box filled with 5 jigsaw puzzles! YES! They are now mine and I am so addicted to them. We've basically just been looking for new investigators and having no luck. That's okay though! We still have Batrice and Laine who are getting baptized in July! Oh yeah! I got an awesome envelope in the mail from Grandma Evans that as filled with cards from cousins who had written them at Tropic. That was so much fun to open and read! They're all weirdos and I love them!



Um, that's honestly pretty much it. Not much is going on and we are just trying to stay alive! Pray for us and I hope you're all doing well!

LOVES

P.S. I recently realized that I overuse exclamation points. I am aware of the problem and am working on fixing it but it may take some time. Please be patient with me.


No comments: