Hello again! For this email, I really wish I had magical powers when you read it like in Harry Potter. Ya know when he's in the restricted section of the library and that book screams at him? Yeah, I wish that when you opened this email a burst of flames shot out at you so you would know what it felt like to be biking on Saturday. We had record high temperatures for this week of June and it was awful! On Saturday, it reached 116 degrees as we were outside knocking on doors. I couldn't even look at the road in front of me straight on. I seriously had to keep turning my face different ways while I was riding in order to keep all of my skin on. We finally just went to a member's house at like 3 and just chilled on her couch for an hour and a half while she fed us peanut m&ms and sonic ice. THAT part of the day was fantastic! We also learned that day that you can't just expect to show up at members' houses during the hottest day of the year because, most likely, EVERYONE and their mother has probably already left the state in order to preserve their own lives and souls.
I could go on.
In other news of the week, we had this crazy meteor thing come fly over us during the night! I didn't see it but I felt it and then we saw videos that people took and it was crazy! People had stuff falling off their walls and everything.
Also, we had a lesson with Batrice this week (the only black investigator I've ever taught, and she's probably my favorite too) and she was talking about how much her life has changed since she started going to church and how she doesn't want the good feelings to stop. Anyway, long story short, she has a baptism date set for July 9th! WOO-HOO! Things are happening in our Ward! We haven't made a lot of progress with our other investigators except one who has a date for July 23rd. So basically, July is going to be a good month. If I survive.
Oh yeah, and we've been teaching this 8 year old girl, Darby, in preparation for her baptism this Tuesday and they've been bringing friends to the lessons every week which is awesome! They invited all their friends and neighbors to the baptism and Darby asked me to speak so I will pretty much be teaching the first lesson in front of everyone and showing a video on baptism (the cute new bible videos that are narrated by kids). So I'm looking forward to that too!
I'm getting better with my STL responsibilities, I think. Not too sure but things are starting to seem a little easier. Overall, the work is going great, we've been finding lots of rides places, and I still can't stand our Ward mission leader. He's downright disrespectful and rude to us but I'm conflicted because I love his wife and kids a lot. Ugh. Weird. How can I come back and visit them someday without seeing him? Let me know if you have any ideas.
Love you all and hope you have a good week! ️
![]() |
| Playing pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey for one of the sisters' birthday. |

No comments:
Post a Comment