Monday, October 26, 2009

Letter from Kyle

The flight was good, hit a rainstorm coming in. The plane was small but fun; shook a little.

We slept in apartments near the mission office the first night. then went and had breakfast at the mission home with Pres and his wife. It was good, then he told us who our comps were and what not.

Yeah i found everything in the bike box, but the pedals came out afterI put them in and stripped the crank, so i had to go buy a new crank set, which was about $50 but there was a single member guy who worked there so he did all the work for free and stuff. I bought a thing to calculate my miles for my mission. so far i've only been a total of 18 because I’ve hardly had it, plus we have a car, red Mazda 3.

My comp is Elder Hurd, he is kinda goofy, loves ninja turtles, but he is a good guy. I serve in the Kleinwood and Windrose wards. Elder Hurd has been in Kleinwood for 2 transfers but they just gave us Windrose because it hasn't had enough activity to keep another group of missionaries there, so we'll have to jump start it. We are technically in Spring, which would be like North Las Vegas or something.

We are in an apartment, as I said in the email before this, Oaks of Wimbledon near Klein HS. The weather has been pretty good. TONS of rain today and rain randomly throughout the weeks.

Yeah, we have taught a few discussions, but there aren't any investigators in this area. I’m hoping to do some good tracting and change that. We have been fed pretty regularly. Tonight we're going to Bishop Jones' (KW) and his son just left on his mission to Lima Peru last week. Normally we eat with less actives tho and give a spiritual message after and stuff.
I haven't been fed armadillo lol but regular stuff. We had a full on huge breakfast the other night tho. Breakfast for Dinner; pecan sticky buns, biscuts and gravy, bacon, breakfast burritos, cinnamon bites, fruits, apple juice, milk, and a few other things i dont remember.

I WANT TO GO ON A CRUISEEE. GEEZE
Was the helicopter ride a hook up? I'm glad he had fun!
Yeah we wash our hands all the time. Of course i'm gonnna wear that shirt. I even wore it one day in the mtc, the comments about it tho were less than good tho lol. P-day is Monday. Address is the same.

I gave a talk when one of the missionaries in the ward was giving his homecoming talk (the 18th). I spoke on Osguthorpe's GC talk and about how teaching helps save lives, and I tied it into member missionary work. It was good.

Also, i really want a sweet Vegas Fire shirt, black with flames or something really cool :) sometime and have you looked into getting my priesthood line of authority? if not, just tell me and i can do it easily here myself unless you did it already. Thanks

Momma Bell hasn't written me or anything. I'm mad at her lol tell her that and ask grandpa Evans who his mission president was.

Thanks, love Kyle

No comments: